Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 10

15-06-21 , 04:20

A must, must read! Just finished it and it's gone to the top of my list.

https://www.amazon.com/Matterhorn-No.../dp/0802145310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

01-09-21 , 01:57

Here is my bookshelf, or at least the organized part of it, when (if) I get around to organizing the rest of my books I will list those as well. Name:  20210831_192117.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  3.57 MB
    From left to right the ones relating to Vietnam are:
    The Eyes Of The Eagle F Company LRPs in Vietnam, 1968 - Gary A. Linderer
    Eyes Behind The Lines L Company Rangers in Vietnam, 1969 - Gary A. Linderer
    Six Silent Men 101st LRP/Rangers Book Two - Kenn Miller
    Six Silent Men 101st LRP/Rangers Book Three - Gary A. Linderer
    Death In The A Shau Valley L Company LRRPs in Vietnam, 1969-70 - Larry Chambers
    LRRP Team Leader - John Burford
    Diary Of An Airborne Ranger A LRRP's Year in the Combat Zone - Frank Johnson
    Ripcord Screaming Eagles Under Siege Vietnam 1970 - Keith W. Nolan
    Wings Of The Eagle A Kingsmen's Story - W.T. Grant
    ​​​​​​​Lest We Forget The Kingsmen, 101st Aviation Battalion, 1968 - William C. Meacham
    Snake Pilot - Randy R. Zahn

The rest of the books are aviation (mostly about Tomcats including a NATOPS pocket checklist) related, oh and I have my map of the A Shau tucked in at the end as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MWGFGhost View Post
    I just finished reading Death in the A Shau Valley: L Company LRRP's in Vietnam 1969-70 by Larry Chambers.

https://www.amazon.com/Death-Shau-Va...s%2C157&sr=8-4

I got through this book fairly quick. Really good read from start to finish with a bit of a sobering end. I got my copy from a local used book store. Men from his unit actually wrote a series of 3 books called Six Silent Men. I have the first one by Reynel Martinez, but I'm actually going to read a book titled First Force Recon Company Sunrise at Midnight by Dr. Bill Peters: https://www.amazon.com/First-Force-R...3163322&sr=8-3

Again, I bought this at the used book store. I'll let you know how it is when I'm finished.

​​​​​​​They wrote quite a bit more than those three books, all the books I listed except Ripcord and Snake Pilot are from people in that unit who served in the unit with one another albeit some for a short time. The two Kingsmen books are from huey pilots who routinely volunteered to fly LRRP and SOG missions, trained with (in case of a crash) and were considered honorary LRRPs by the unit. It is very fascinating to see some of the events told in these books from three or four different viewpoints.
    Last edited by Spock; 01-09-21 at 01:58. Reason: Fixed image
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

10-10-21 , 13:21

Most of my books are in storage at the moment due to a shortage of space, I have a couple recommendations for anyone with an interest in the ARVN:

1) "Remembering the ARVN: A Collection of the Republic of Vietnam Armed Forces Patches, Badges, Insignia, Medals and Decorations" by Michael Do

2) "Under Fire with ARVN Infantry: Memoir of a Combat Advisor in Vietnam 1966-1967" by Bob Worthington
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

23-10-21 , 04:44

​​​​​​​Do you guys know if there are any good books about MIKE Force personnel? I haven’t seen any that deal particularly with them.