Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 120

Disable Ambient Voices

20-05-21 , 02:40

I know there is a module to disable all ambient voices, but is there a way to disable only bluefor ambient voices?

I'm making a "realistic" SOG mission, and I can't have the player's teammates chattering away while on a recon mission.

ETA, I found the restrict ambient voices module, but I don't know how to set it up correctly. Anyone know how to set it up?

this are the classnames I do not want using ambient voices.

"vn_b_men_sog_14 ", "vn_b_men_sog_06", "vn_b_men_sog_10", "vn_b_men_sog_22"
    Last edited by stburr91; 20-05-21 at 03:28.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 51

20-05-21 , 05:26

Hello dude , when you place the module disable ambiant voices , all ambiant voices is disabled . Just place the module in the map .Is not possibel to disable just for bluefor i think .
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 40

20-05-21 , 06:21

Quote Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
    I know there is a module to disable all ambient voices, but is there a way to disable only bluefor ambient voices?

I'm making a "realistic" SOG mission, and I can't have the player's teammates chattering away while on a recon mission.

ETA, I found the restrict ambient voices module, but I don't know how to set it up correctly. Anyone know how to set it up?

this are the classnames I do not want using ambient voices.

"vn_b_men_sog_14 ", "vn_b_men_sog_06", "vn_b_men_sog_10", "vn_b_men_sog_22"

Yes, check the module called "Restrict Ambient Voices". With that you can input unit classes that are restricted.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 120

20-05-21 , 12:10

Quote Originally Posted by stormridersp View Post
    Yes, check the module called "Restrict Ambient Voices". With that you can input unit classes that are restricted.

That's what I did, and it's creating a error.

This is what I put in the Restrict Ambient Voice module that is causing an error that says, "custom input does not return an array".

["vn_b_men_sog_14", "vn_b_men_sog_06", "vn_b_men_sog_10", "vn_b_men_sog_22"]

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    ​​​​​​​

It says in the module, "Use the helper in the S.O.G. CDLC Editing Tools to setup the module easily".

Does anyone know where I can find this "helper"?

​​​​​​​
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 3

22-05-21 , 18:55

The module is currently bugged in it's current version, but it's already been fixed in the latest internal build.
    So the next time the CDLC is updated the module will start working correctly.

The 'helper' it references is no longer available, but the example you've given is correct. So once the CDLC is updated then your BLUFOR units won't talk through the ambient voice system.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

28-05-21 , 11:39

Since I am using some dynamic AI scripts as part of my mission framework, I would like to disable the ambient voices just via code in my .sqf files. Does anybody know how to do that? Right now I prepared the script to spawn the "disable ambient voices" module at mission start, but I don't know if that will work (obviously I cannot test it as long as the thing is still bugged). Hope that the update including the fix will be released soon.
    Thumbs Up

29-05-21 , 03:36

Quote Originally Posted by Buzztr0n View Post
    Since I am using some dynamic AI scripts as part of my mission framework, I would like to disable the ambient voices just via code in my .sqf files. Does anybody know how to do that? Right now I prepared the script to spawn the "disable ambient voices" module at mission start, but I don't know if that will work (obviously I cannot test it as long as the thing is still bugged). Hope that the update including the fix will be released soon.

The restrict module is for restricting specific classes of units, if you want to disable all AI audio through the SAM system then you just need to create a vn_module_situationalawarenessmodule_disable module in pre-init before the modules are run.
    Thumbs Up

29-05-21 , 14:43

Quote Originally Posted by Asaayu View Post
    The restrict module is for restricting specific classes of units, if you want to disable all AI audio through the SAM system then you just need to create a vn_module_situationalawarenessmodule_disable module in pre-init before the modules are run.

Thanks alot for your reply! I totally ignored the fact that I would have to pre-init my function that creates the module. I want to use the vn_module_situationalawarenessmodule_blacklist though because I only want to disable the ambient voices for BLUFOR.

This is what I had written for that, can you let me know if this looks right to you or if I made any mistakes? Would really appriciate your feedback.

_vn_AI_Group = createGroup sideLogic;
    _vn_AI_Module = _vn_AI_Group createUnit ["vn_module_situationalawarenessmodule_blacklis t", [0, 0, 0], [], 0, "NONE"];
    _vn_AI_Module setVariable ["classname_list", "['vn_b_men_sog_base']"];
    Last edited by Buzztr0n; 30-05-21 at 19:29.
    Thumbs Up

29-05-21 , 22:47

Quote Originally Posted by Buzztr0n View Post
    --Snip--
    ​​​​​​​
    That looks correct, except for the extra space in the class name. Make sure to have a read on the wiki as well, https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/...dule_by_script
    Thumbs Up

30-05-21 , 19:34

The extra space in the module classname seems to come from the forums here for some reason. When I click on "edit post" there is no space (nor is there a space in the script of course). Thanks again for your help and replies, Asaayu! Now I have all the answers I needed :)