Cam Lo Nam Map "Borders"

Head of Community
    ShadoWolf - that is about right for our own mental picture of how the map is laid out - well done!
    "Team or F*** off!"

https://sogpf.com
    Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by eggbeast View Post
    ShadoWolf - that is about right for our own mental picture of how the map is laid out - well done!

Cool, thank you for the confirmation.

I was surprised to see Myanmar(Burma) snuck into the map, its coverage area is quite large based on using the river as a border like its real life counterpart.
    Head of Community
    Well I've never considered wha tthat part of the map would be, just assumed it was northern Laos.
    In campaign terms, it's treated as the Prairie Fire AO, which is just a 15 mile wide strip of eastern Laos.
    Level 3
    Well I've never considered wha tthat part of the map would be, just assumed it was northern Laos.
    In campaign terms, it's treated as the Prairie Fire AO, which is just a 15 mile wide strip of eastern Laos.

Ok that's the feeling I got from the missions, but when I was going through verifying location names with real life counterparts and Kenglat showed up as Myanmar(Burma) border town I had a hard time justifying keeping that whole area as Laos.

However I did just find an obscure village called Ban Kenglat in the Khamkeut District, Bolikhamsai, Laos if that is supposed to be the reference instead.

Corrected Map
    Name:  Cam Lao Nam Colored Correction.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  4.05 MB
    Head of Community
    that looks really good now for what we intended.
    One minor adjustment - we have the Red River (through Hanoi) as the border of North Vietnam in the west of the map, currently you're drawing it through the montagnard highlands and Bru villages.
    Level 3
    that looks really good now for what we intended.
    One minor adjustment - we have the Red River (through Hanoi) as the border of North Vietnam in the west of the map, currently you're drawing it through the montagnard highlands and Bru villages.

Oh good thank you, I thought I found a reference somewhere that Rung Cung was in North Vietnam but I couldn't confirm.
    ​​​​​​​
    Was Dao Trai and Dao Phai to the left of that included in South Vietnam as well?
    Head of Community
    If you link your DMZ border to the Red River when it meanders south, and then run the border along the river until it hits your Laotian border, that would be about what we expected.
    Level 3
    If you link your DMZ border to the Red River when it meanders south, and then run the border along the river until it hits your Laotian border, that would be about what we expected.

Thank you so much for the direction on the borders!

I follow the mountain range to the river from the DMZ and where I'm not sure of is where the River splits at the Dao Phai Island.
    Dao Phai Exclusion
    Name:  Cam Lao Nam Highland Colored.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  4.05 MB
    Dao Phai Inclusion
    Name:  Cam Lao Nam Dao Phai.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  4.06 MB
    Do you have any other tips for the Laos Border?
    Head of Community
    Either looks good.
    My only other point is in terms of river names.

Hue - Perfume River
    Hanoi - Red River
    near Saigon - Mekong River
    Dividing Laos and Vietnam - Tchepone River
    Level 3
    @eggbeast

You read my mind, the next question was going to be on the riverway names!

You say the Tchepone River divides Laos and Vietnam but my current map has their division running through the mountains to accommodate Attapeu and the Mu Gia Pass.

​​​​​​​Do the borders immediately come back to the river after accommodating these features?

Legend
    Orange - Red River
    Light Green - Mekong River
    Light Brown - Tchepone River
    Pink - Perfume River
    Purple - Cam Lo River

Unknown
    Yellow - Dua Hai Spring?
    Dark Blue - Ling Ho Spring?
    Brown - ?
    Red Brown - ?
    Blue - ?
    Light Blue - ?
    Red - ?
    North Grey/Black - ?
    Central Grey/Black - ?
    South Grey/Black - ?
    Green - ?
    Color Coded River Ways
    Name:  Cam Lao Nam River Ways.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  4.00 MB​​​​​​​
    Last edited by ShadowVVolf; 27-05-21 at 00:19.