Wishlist - What do you want to see in the Prairie Fire DLC?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Head of Community
    We can't promise anything, or even talk about any future roadmap, as we may never deliver on that, and cause a lot of upset!

But we can do our very best to answer your questions, or facilitate your discussions and ideas.

We can also help community creators with their mods to add things to the DLC experience.

So what do you want to see in the Prairie Fire DLC?
  • 191 Replies

Head of Community
    There was a technical issue with the original post, we've recovered as many replies as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Head of Community
    https://community.sogpf.com/members/178-Hawkins

Artillery assets/tools. The M114, as a heavy artillery piece, would be a nice addition to the M101. Maybe the M102, mobile artillery like the M107 and/or M110 or even a way to tow artillery. And I've always been dreaming of something like Map Tools from ACE, only then for the Vietnam war period.
    Head of Community
    https://community.sogpf.com/members/252-Beachhead

I think SOGPF is a near perfect rendition of the Vietnam war experience in ARMA. I think the gear and guns currently in it are good to go, and nothing else needs to be added in that department. The biggest items on my wishlist would be for for several key vehicles which are currently missing. I know some of these are currently in Unsung, so perhaps they could be fixed up a bit to DLC standards and ported it over? Some would need to be completely re-done I think.

Ground:
    M113 APC (multiple variants)
    M706 Cadillac Commando
    M551 Sheridan Tank

Water:
    US PBR Boat (Patrol Boat, River)

Air:
    A-37 Dragonfly
    O-1 Bird Dog
    A-1 Skyraider
    A-4 Skyhawk
    A-6 Intruder
    F-100 Super Sabre
    F-5 Tiger
    OV-10 Bronco
    Mig-17 or Mig-21

CH-47 Chinook
    Ch-53 Super Stallion
    HH-3 Jolly Green Giant

I think the addition of a rescue hoist, and some kind of stabo deployment system would be nice to have as well.

Also adding:

Buildings
    The US Embassy in Saigon - I think bit of an oversight to not include a custom one since it's such a historic building.
    Head of Community
    https://community.sogpf.com/members/332-BeeF5alad

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post

I think SOGPF is a near perfect rendition of the Vietnam war experience in ARMA. I think the gear and guns currently in it are good to go, and nothing else needs to be added in that department. The biggest items on my wishlist would be for for several key vehicles which are currently missing. I know some of these are currently in Unsung, so perhaps they could be fixed up a bit to DLC standards and ported it over? Some would need to be completely re-done I think.

Ground:
    M706 Cadillac Commando
    M551 Sheridan Tank

Water:

Air:
    A-37 Dragonfly
    O-1 Bird Dog
    A-1 Skyraider
    A-4 Skyhawk
    A-6 Intruder
    F-100 Super Sabre
    F-5 Tiger
    OV-10 Bronco
    Mig-17 or Mig-21

CH-47 Chinook
    Ch-53 Super Stallion
    HH-3 Jolly Green Giant

I think the addition of a rescue hoist, and some kind of stabo deployment system would be nice to have as well.

Also adding:

Buildings
    The US Embassy in Saigon - I think bit of an oversight to not include a custom one since it's such a historic building.

I've not much to add on ground vehicles but I think a lot about aircraft, being a bit of a plane nut. Some of the aircraft I'd love to see in Praire Fire include:

US:
    F8 Crusader
    F105 Thunderchief
    OV-10 Bronco
    C-130 Hercules
    B-52 Stratofortress

NVA:
    An-2
    MiG-17
    MiG-21

To go into real deep wishlisting territory for a moment I'd love to see a model of the AH-56 Cheyenne represented. However, since it never got out of the prototype phase let along into frontline service I think that would be asking rather a lot.
    Level 1
    @MaartenI think that we do need more aircraft, both for opfor and blufor. The Phantom is top-notch, but having some other incredible aircraft (A7D, F4, F105, B52, etc) could make PF amazing. ALso maybe 1 or 2 more tank variants?
    Head of Community
    Posted by: boggiegang

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post

Ground:
    M706 Cadillac Commando
    M551 Sheridan Tank

Water:

Air:
    A-37 Dragonfly
    O-1 Bird Dog
    A-1 Skyraider
    A-4 Skyhawk
    A-6 Intruder
    F-100 Super Sabre
    F-5 Tiger
    OV-10 Bronco
    Mig-17 or Mig-21

CH-47 Chinook
    Ch-53 Super Stallion
    HH-3 Jolly Green Giant

Also adding:

Buildings

this is pretty much exactly what i was thinking
    but tbh most of this is just extra goodies
    i think the only few things on this list that really struck me as missing were the lack of Migs to give the F4s some kind of airborne threat
    and the saigon embassy. Its a really distinct building and i would love to see it, and just see a bigger saigon in general, as it feels kinda small for what was historically such a big city

I believe this does a great job at summarizing what most people want
    IMO what is most "needed":
    * more USMC stuff/ more vests
    * M113
    * some more work on urban areas like optimization but also more Iconic buildings that are enterable
    * better quality in the helicopter interiors etc.
    * MAKING DRIVABLE VERSIONS OF THE CIVI CARS
    * American civilians
    *Different versions/textures of punji stick so they can be used in places like tunnels
    Last edited by jakjon; 10-05-21 at 12:38.
    Head of Community
    https://community.sogpf.com/members/262-PatTheBaker16

I think a really good addition would be putting the gloves seen on some of the SOG uniforms as an individual item available in the Night-Vision Goggles slot. Since there don't seem to be any actual head mounted NVGs available during the Vietnam era that slot seems like prime real estate for miscellaneous pieces of gear.
    Head of Community
    https://community.sogpf.com/members/271-xhrit

Great DLC, played it almost all day yesterday. Only noticed two things missing so far : First is a mig-21 for redfor to use in warlords. And second is the ability to recruit NPC squadmates in Mike Force.