So the way I get better FPS is by editing the Scene Complexity setting in my Arma profile config, which essentially is just lowering the object setting below the "low" option in video settings. This is what I mean by "slight" cost, it makes objects visibly look worse from a distance. However, since Cam Lao Nam is such a dense map, it's not as noticeable because for the most part when you're in the jungle you can't even see the more shitty-looking tree because you've got like 10 other trees in front of it. The same thing while in the cities, there's so many buildings that you can't notice the shittily rendered house on the other side of the block, and even if you did notice it, if you double right-click zoom then the building/tree will render in at a higher quality, so it works itself out perfectly in my opinion.
Here's a link to an Imgur album giving a quick comparison (In my experience it's like a 20 fps increase): Photo Album of Comparison
Here's a quick explanation on how to actually edit scene complexity:
- Open your file explorer on your desktop
- Go to documents
- Open either the Arma 3 or Arma 3 - Other Profiles folder (Wherever the location of the profile you want to edit is)
- Open the folder of the profile you want to edit and open ProfileName.Arma3Profile in notepad
- Look for sceneComplexity (Use Control+F to search for keywords)
- Edit the value of sceneComplexity to sceneComplexity=100000; (I believe the "low" option for objects is 400000 sceneComplexity, so you can test and mess around with whatever value you like, I'm just using 100000 for the time being until I have any problems then I might bump it up).
That's all I've got! Let me know what you guys think and if you can get any extra frames! I love this cDLC so far, and I'm really excited to see so many other people are enjoying it too! Have a great day.
p.s. if you're really struggling with frames or want to get as many as possible, turn of anti-aliasing, instead use PPAA and Anistropic Filtering. I've got CMAA and Ultra respectively.
Last edited by ItzJerry02; 07-05-21 at 16:33. Reason: Short message about Anti-Aliasing